The Victoria Theatre was purchased by Jack Meyer when it became apparent there was more money in running a permanent show place rather than traveling from community to community with a tent movie house.
Martin Meyer who had operated the Garden Theater in Lock Haven Pa decided to go into business with his brother and took over the management of the Victoria in approximately 1935.
Martin Meyer died in 1948 and his wife, Rose and three daughters, Mary, Barbara and Audrey took over the business. Rose died in 1963.
The Meyers sisters remodeled the theater in 1965. It was open for several years after that and was eventually closed in 1976.
The theater was closed and untouched for 34 years.
The building was purchased by Peter and Patricia Gorda in July of 2009. A complete remodeling of the upstairs living quarters was done and the theater restored to it’s 1965 condition.